About Tuolumne County Historical Society

Author Archive | Tuolumne County Historical Society

History Snapshot: The St. Charles Saloon

The St. Charles Saloon was constructed in 1850 as a general merchandise store. Prior to the disastrous fire of 1854, it was purchased by Albert Alberding and reconstructed in brick. It subsequently withstood that fire and the ages since. The building has had a number of names and functions since then including: Alberding’s Saloon Darling’s […]

Continue Reading Comments { 0 }